Summer Walking weekend in the Malverns
Date: Monday, 2nd August to Wednesday, 4th August 2021
The hot sunny days of Summer are not so far away. Imagine the exhilaration of a gentle climb to one of the peaks of the Malvern Hills and a cool breeze welcoming you. The heady smell of grass and gorse. The sound of birdsong in the trees as you walk.
Share this with a small group of visually impaired and sighted guides.
After a full day out in the fresh air, return to the beautiful setting of the Clover Mill deep in Worcestershire countryside. The luxury en-suite accommodation is in spacious eco-lodges in the grounds of the Mill with you own decked terrace onto the woodland stream.
Sighted people can share this experience with a blind or partially sighted person while acting as a guide.
The experience includes:
- Arrive around 4pm.
- Check into your lodge and orientation by one of the Sense Adventures guides.
- Dinner in the Clover Mill or local country pub.
- After a nourishing breakfast we spend the day on the Malvern Hills stopping at a café along the way.
- Return to Clover Mill around 5pm.
- Dinner in the local country pub.
- Breakfast followed by a shorter walk on the Malvern Hills with a café stop.
- Return to Great Malvern station.
Testimonials from other walking events
"Everything was wonderful!
The volunteers deserve a special mention, they're very sensitive to the needs of people with sight impairment but not in any way intrusive. So socially and for the sake of the exercise and clear air, it was an extremely well organised and enjoyable few days."
"Overall the experience was 100% positive. The scenery, trees and flowers all gave us plenty of excuses to pause without looking cowardly, and the whole experience was seamlessly organised though it didn't feel regimented."